We are happy to offer the Tykes Bykes new 2013 Balance bikes that are packed with features and high quality parts that parents are seeking at an affordable price. We expect this balance bike to make it to the top of their field FAST with the excellent feedback and reviews we have been receiving from parents and kids.
Tykes Bykes offers 2 sizes - a 12" bike and a 16" bike that has a small and comfortable enough frame for kids ages 4 and up (to about 8 yrs).
- 12" bike: 10 pounds: seat range 13" - 17.5 - perfect for kids 2 1/2 up to 5 yrs old
- 16" bike: 13 pounds: seat range 16" - 20" - perfect for kids with a 17" inseam and higher - starting around 4 yrs.
- Very easy to use rear drum handbrake
- Fast moving air tires with steel spokes
- Generously adjustable handlebars - both up and down several inches and forward/back
- large comfortably padded seat. Need hex wrench to raise seat but quick release coming out later in 2013.
- Brake cable routed through bike frame and out of the way
- New colors available in the Fall. Currently 16" available in Orange and 12" in Green.
New Tykes Bykes Colors have arrived in the 12" Model!
We are extremely excited about the fit of the 16" Glider bike for kids with a 17" inseam - those kids that kind of fall through the cracks in the balance bike world. Most kids are needing at least a 19" inseam for a 16" balance bike, but outgrow the 12" balance bike somewhere between 17" and 19".
Here is a picture of a girl just turned 4 with a 17" inseam trying out the 16" Tykes Byke for the first time.
Here is a 7 year old boy who is almost 48" tall with a 21" inseam:
And finally below is a child who is inbetween the kids above. Approximately 6 years old and 45" tall with about an 18 or 19" inseam: He is riding with his 2 year old sister who is trying out the Strider Prebike. The family came for the 2 year old, but the 6 year old loved the Tykes Bykes so much (and he wasn't pedal biking yet) that the parents ended up buying it for him.